100% Pure L -Glutamine. L-glutamine has a number of benefits that contribute to muscle growth, performance and recovery.
L-glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in your body. It accounts for more than 60% of the free amino acids in skeletal muscle, meaning it is highly concentrated in muscle tissue. Following intense exercise, L-glutamine levels fall significantly (by up to 50%). L-glutamine supplementation is a must for any serious athlete participating in physical training.
L-glutamine has a number of benefits that contribute to muscle growth, performance and recovery:
The first of these is L-glutamine’s role in muscle health, minimising muscle breakdown and improving protein metabolism [1, 2]. L-glutamine’s anti-catabolic ability preventing muscle breakdown is especially beneficial for those who are dieting and looking to loose body fat whilst preserving muscle mass.
Secondly, L-glutamine is an effective compound for immune health . With the immune systems preferred fuel source being L-glutamine and levels dropping by up to 50% during intense exercise [4, 5], supplementation is a must to maintain optimal muscle performance.
Finally, L-glutamine is crucial in maintaining intestinal health [6, 7]. For any individual looking to gain muscle, lose weight or improve performance intestinal health should be paramount. You can be taking every supplement available and eat well but if your body isn’t absorbing this correctly through the intestines then your results are restricted.
1. MacLennan PA, Brown RA, Rennie MJ A positive relationship between protein synthetic rate and intracellular glutamine concentration in perfused rat skeletal muscle. FEBS Lett. (1987
2. Zhou X, Thompson JR Regulation of protein turnover by glutamine in heat-shocked skeletal myotubes . Biochim Biophys Acta. (1997)
3. Walsh, N. P., Blannin, A. K., Robson, P. J., & Gleeson, D. M. (1998). Glutamine, Exercise and Immune Function. Sports Medicine, 26(3), 177-191.
4. 1.Wischmeyer PE. Clinical applications of L-glutamine: Past, present, and future. Nutr Clin Prac. 2003;18(5):377-385.
5. Castell, L. M., Poortmans, J. R., & Newsholme, E. A. (1996). Does glutamine have a role in reducing infections in athletes? European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, 73(5), 488-490.
6. Sevastiadou S, et al The impact of oral glutamine supplementation on the intestinal permeability and incidence of necrotizing enterocolitis/septicemia in premature neonates. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. (2011).
7. Potsic B, et al Glutamine supplementation and deprivation: effect on artificially reared rat small intestinal morphology . Pediatr Res. (2002)
Grenade® is an innovative and trusted sports performance and active nutrition brand that has grown rapidly since its launch in 2010. Now selling Grenade® products to over 100 countries, Grenade® has a huge following ranging from professional athletes, fitness enthusiasts and military personnel worldwide. Grenade®, supported by its ‘Team Grenade’ athletes are renowned for unique branding and marketing strategies and have been recognized with numerous awards both within the sports nutrition sector and in the global business arena. As a result, Grenade® is not only widely regarded as the world's fastest growing sports performance / weight management brand but also as one of the most exciting sports nutrition companies in the market today. Key Achievements; • European Diet & Weight Management Product of the Year 2013, 2014 and 2015 • International Brand of the Year 2015 (major US website) • Fat Burner of the Year 2013, 2014 • Pre Workout of the Year 2012 • Best New Line Winner 2013 - Reload Protein Flapjacks • Nominated for Breakout Brand of the Year and Best Packaging of the Year 2014 (major US website) • Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 - 2014, 2015 • Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 (UK finalist)
|Per Serving (5g)|
|100% pure L-glutamine produced via a fermentation||g||5g|
100% pure L-glutamine produced via a fermentation process
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Gluten, wheat, GMO free
The delivery options available for shipping this product along with the contents of your basket to United Kingdom are:
Wiggle ships to over 100 countries. To see what delivery options are available for other destinations you can update your delivery destination via the International Options feature at the top right of the website.
Goods are shipped from the UK. Does not include delivery charges, local taxes or import duties, if applicable.
More information on International delivery options
We will happily refund any item purchased on Wiggle if returned to us within 365 days; excluding Wiggle gift vouchers, nutrition and customised products, except when faulty.
Please note: Bikes and other bulky items cannot be returned using our local returns service (where applicable). Please contact us and we can arrange to collect these from you using our discounted courier rates. There is a fee for all collections, except for faulty products.Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging, unless the goods are faulty. Wiggle will pay the return postage costs for any faulty items.
Only 4 products can be compared at once. Adding this product will remove the product you added to the list first.
Do you want to continue?